Saturday, December 24, 2011

Holy Water

December 21, 2011 probably last time on holy water for 2011. I recently came across a book published by Smith Magazine that links back to Hemmingway. If you know anything about him, you know that he is the master of brevity. He just gets right to telling a story, in his macho way.  As the story goes, someone approached him and asked if he could write his life’s memoirs in just 6 words. He came back with this: “Baby shoes, for sale, never worn.”
Wow right, that’s about all you can say. So years later in 2006 Smith Magazine decides to send the challenge out to the world, via face book, the net, and phones, to write and submit your own 6 word memoirs. Of course I wrote my own:
 “Sweet Melissa, three beauties, gone fishing.”
 But honestly I fell in love with the idea of being brief. Since I started writing entries in this blog, I have felt like I have become one big fat blabber mouth, essentially saying nothing. So I’m thinking I will try writing about my day on the river with 6 words.  Here goes:
Holy water, winter's cold, still holy!

No comments:

Post a Comment