Monday, February 18, 2013

Jumpin the gun

I thought I had the weather prediction all dialed in--no really. I talk pride in reading the weather, sort of being able to predict when their is a change of season. I watch the little subtle things, and if read properly you can say with confidence "fall has arrived, or in this case WINTER IS OVER."


I felt the gentle little shifts in weather, birds singing, changes in the sky, cloud differences, oh yeah baby I thought for sure today would be one of those early, early spring days on the river, where the beloved sun shows his happy face, and heats the day up to maybe 41 or hell maybe 42. No, I was wrong, and the day was windy and cold. Old man winter still has his bony grip on the neck of Mother Nature. At most holes, we had to bust through the ice. It would break off in huge sheets and float down river; this lasted all day.


However with that said, I am going to further predict that even though I was wrong today, winter is on the way out. Oh we will still see snow, rain and some cold days. But they will not be the hard hitting stuff we have felt for the past few months. Old Man Winter's hands are still on her throat, but they are only loosly placed there, ready to pull back. The snow we see in the next month or so will come one day, and be melted off the road by the next day or two. Mornings will still frosty, and the snow piled up on your boat in your front yard will not be gone tomorrow, but pay attention lovers of spring and sunshine times they are a changin.







No comments:

Post a Comment