Saturday, July 16, 2016

Elephant Trainer


 

 






 
 

 


 


 
 
Diamond James Tobler and I Baja across the Wyoming plains, with the windows of the lil' yellow truck down because the air conditioning is going out. We took I-80 from Casper through to Evanston. Every 50 miles or so, they were down to one land due to construction, and there were more semi's on the road than cars. I was beat to hell. I went on this fishing trip with every intention of scuffing my knees, of getting dirty and going hard. Well I did, and in the end, I don't think The Diamond was as hammered as I was. He drove most of the way, and I tried to catch a few winks, with little luck.
 
We got home about 8:00 and was in bed by 10:30 with little put away, because I had to catch a 5:00 a.m. flight to meet Sweet Melissa and the kids in San Fran. While I was off fishing the girls, along with Madeline's boy friend Fisher relaxed with the brother in law Lee aka Calvin.
 
I didn't drink coffee in the morning in hopes that I may actually sleep during the flight. I cant sleep when I fly, I just cant let go. This was the best flight of my life; boarded quickly, seated by two quiet people, didn't wake up until plane landed!
 
 
Oh, at this point I have to say this trip, has nothing to do with fishing, but since it was so closely and intimately linked to the Wyoming trip, its included. Believe it or not, it was as much fun as the Trout-law quest.
 
My wife booked a room in wine country right on the coast, right on the beach in a town called Sea Ranch. If you have not drove from San Fran up the coast through wine country, then you just need to; no further explanation required.
 
I talked Sweet into leaving the windows open, and the blinds open. We fell asleep to the sound of the ocean. I woke up in the middle of the night and stared at the moon on the water.
 
When we returned to the children, we took Fisher to see some of the sites of the City. One night the girls wanted to drive to Muir Beach. I have never seen whales on the northern Cal coast, but sure as hell, they were there in droves. (see above pics I call "Ocean Romance," and "Reflective Fisher" you'll know which ones they are.)
 
Before leaving, brother Lee is dating an elephant trainer, yes an elephant trainer. I know who the hell has that cool of a job. We got the hook-up. Keith arranged for the total VIP tour--see pics. I knew elephants had personality, but not like this. I had no idea the walrus had personality--they rock.
 
Driving back through the Nevada desert (not my favorite place) I began feeling anxiety to get back to work, to stop having such a damn good time, to slow down the fun train. I was also filled with joy. That's all I have to say about that.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank God those girls look like their beautiful mother.

    ReplyDelete