Monday, March 12, 2012

Jackie Leggs

Jones Hole Creek post script. I have been thinking about my baby, Jacqueline, (aka Jac, Jackie Legs, & Peglet).She is an amazing, special kid! Getting Madeline to go on this trip, I realize that my kids are getting older, and that my time with them is limited. My oldest, Hannah, is already off to college. I know that she will come home, and that she will always be mine, but I also know that everything changes.  

Okay…embrace the changes, time to recalibrate; sort of make a new game plan that opens new doors, leading to new activities.  When Jac was little, she would fish on camping trips, but as the years have gone by, she has decided that fishing is not for her. This puts me in a tough position to get it “in her blood stream.” I see two obvious choices:               1. Cram fishing down her throat.               2. Let it develop on its own and be open to developing new interests together.                 Or, I could also do a combination of both. Or, I could stop writing about it and go make dinner with her…we can bake fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment