Saturday, September 17, 2011

Duchesne River Utah

February 15, 2011. My addiction has gotten the best of me this time, driving up Daniel's Canyon I get the feeling I had gone too far. No one could get the day off--so I go it alone. You always hear about those stupid guys like Aron Ralston who brave the wild alone, and end up losing an arm or you hear of them being found the next spring dead. You never think you will get in over your head. I kept feeling this way as snow is blinding me and almost blowing me off the road by Strawberry Reservoir. "Just call it a day, don’t be stupid," one of the many inner voices I have whispers. There is another louder inner voice that says, "Keep driving." I park at the side of the river, and the snow is still falling pretty hard, but is starting to back off a bit. One thing I'm not worried about is the water level, its winter and wading should not be a problem, it’s the cold. Not 15 minutes into fishing, the clouds part, I mean part, and the sun was baking me in one of those beautiful, bright, clear winter days. I fish hard--one white fish, but so what I am out here loving it. I keep switching nymphs, and finally it's San Juan Worm. I am on fire for about an hour. That is a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment