Monday, September 26, 2011

Huntington Utah

March 5, 2011 This was my first trip with Lee, and the first time I have been on the Huntington in I don't know how many years. As Lee is driving up Skyline Drive, I know he thinks I am totally nuts, for God’s sake the snow banks are easily 15 feet high. But we brave it, and find a spot to park. “Do you want to head back to Diamond Fork, its 8 degrees out there? I ask. “We’re here, let’s do it,” responds Lee. The Huntington is such a beautiful place, no matter what season it is. Here I go again with river dimension, but the size of the river is wonderful, not too big not too small. Of course it also depends upon what section you are talking about and if it’s a tributary or not. The fish were responding to soft hackle, but for the most part the fishing is slow. I would guess the peak of the day got to maybe 35 degrees. I look forward to fishing more with Lee; because if he’s willing to brave a day like this, were solid. Also I could go on and on about how great the Huntington is, after all it’s the birth place of my fly fishing career.

No comments:

Post a Comment